Friday, February 20, 2009

Touch It - Touch Everything!

Today I practiced with Blue for my audition that I hope to film this week. We worked on the walk, trot and back up – getting him straighter and not wanting to go past me. We also played all Seven Games and he was Phase 1 for everything, easily yielding away from pressure. We even did some weaving around objects in the field and some Figure 8s around the barrels. Oh course pretty much this whole time Blue and I had a shadow, little Lexi decided that she wanted to be involved in everything that Blue was doing.

Next we played the Touch It Game and walked all around the paddock, getting Blue to put his feet on various objects; the barrels, a board, a log, a stump, feed pan, a pile of manure, a fence post, and even Lexi! She wasn’t too impressed with being pawed at though by Uncle Blue and quickly turned to face me. I was pretty happy with my boy and he really seemed to be enjoying the session! We played around a bit more before I took the halter off and had him follow me around the field while I collected the feed tubs.

No comments: