Thursday, February 19, 2009

20 Questions

Stole this from the Daily Parelli Blog and decided to fill it out, so here are my answers:

What is your Ultimate Goal with horses? (hint: Write it down; extra-credit hint: write down answers to all of these questions) I would someday like to have an all Natural Boarding, Training and Breeding Facility that I would run with my best friend. Doing everything the Parelli way. I would love to be an offical Parelli Insturctor as well someday but that realisticly won't happen unless I win the lotto

What is a step toward that goal that you could achieve within ten years? I would like to have a barn (with stalls opening to a large paddock so horses could come and go as they please) and an indoor riding arena. A few clients horses that would be started the Parelli way. And a broodmare band (about 4-6 mares all QH or Paint) and an APHA stallion well on his way in a showing career naturally.

What is a step toward that goal that you could achieve within five years? By this time I would like to have my Parelli Level 4 certification. And purchase a Homozygous Tobiano Paint Stallion with my best friend who would be used in our breeding program.

What is a step toward that goal or a lesser goal that you could achieve within two years? It would be wonderful that at this time I could have sand footing in my outdoor arena, more land cleared for more pasture. And be well on my way through the Parelli Level 4 tasks.

What is a step toward that goal that you could achieve within one year? I would like to be ready to send in my Parelli Level 3 Audition.

What is a step toward that goal or a lesser goal that you could achieve within six months? Continue to work through my self assesments and be preparing for my Parelli Level 3 tasks. Have a round pen built and a grass arena. At this time I will have my very own foal to work with daily to raise the Parelli way from the start.

What is a step toward that goal that you could achieve within three months? I would like to send in my Parelli Level 2 Audition tape.

What is a step toward that goal or a lesser goal that you could achieve within one month? Be well on my way through the tasks required for my Parelli Level 2 Finesse.

What is a step toward that goal that you could achieve within two weeks? I would like to send in my Parelli Level 1 Audition tape.

What is a step toward that goal or a lesser goal that you could achieve within one week? Have Blue trotting easily around the barrels in a Figure-8 pattern.

What action could you take toward that goal within three days? Practice, Practice, Practice!

What action could you take toward that goal tomorrow? If it isn't storming go out and work with Blue, if it is storming review my DVDs.

What action could you take toward that goal today? Work with Blue after lunch.

What action could you take toward that goal right now? Re-watch the Parelli Patterns, Online video (putting it in the computer now)

What information could you acquire that would improve your chances of achieving your goal? Well I've already got the L&HB, Success Series, Level 1 Pack, Parelli Patterns Online, Liberty, Freestyle and Finesse. Watch as much as I can through the Savvy Club membership and get down to a Parelli Tour Stop and to a Parelli Conference.

What's stopping you? My lack of confidence.

Really? Yes relaly, I have little to no confidence in what I can do, but am goign to work VERY hard to change that, starting NOW!

Do you see how easy it is to make a plan? A lot easier then I thought for sure! Kind of nice to see everything laid out!

Now, here's the toughest question of all: Once you have a plan...Are you willing to change it if you need to? Heck yes!

Did you count to see if there were actually 20 questions? Yes! This makes question #20.

1 comment:

anni said...

I so believe in you and you will do this Kaila your were meant to!!!! I am sooo proud of you you may have taken a bit of a different path to get to where you want to be someday but you have reached your goals in life so far!!!!Ever since you were very very young you wanted to be with horses and animals and look at you now girl!!!! Go for it!!!! Hugs!!!!!