Monday, November 17, 2008

Short But Sweet

Had a short but sweet session with Kallie today, she was very easy to catch, stood quietly; she was a bit tense until I rubbed her shoulder before putting on the halter. We then played lots of Friendly game, rubbing her all over, I picked at a few of her rain rot scabs, she has acquired a few more after the last bout of rain we had. We then played a bit of Sideways with a log, and some Yo-Yo, practiced on getting her to not rush forward and to be calm and thinking. We also did some half circles down behind the pond and some Driving game from Zone 3.

We worked on some leading exercises then I brought out the anti-fungal spray and sprayed all over her withers, back and hind quarters. Hopefully it won’t take long to clear up the scabs she has now. It was starting to get dark quickly so we went to the tractor tires and worked on the Figure-8 pattern. She was really good, I could get her to trot around them and she wouldn’t try to rush past or make it into a circle, she was really good at following the feel and going where I pointed and sent my energy.

I then allowed her to lick and chew and think about what we just did before taking off the halter, she instantly tipped her nose into me and wanted to be close to me. I offered her some treats and she just hung out beside me, licking and chewing. It was a short but meaningful session.

No comments: