Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mmmmmmm Dewormer

Well today was worming day. Blue put up quite a fight as he normally does. He was drenched a few times at the track no doubt and lord knows what else they tried to force feed him while he was there so it has always been an issue with him. But I must say it is getting better, and once I have the tube in his lips he is fine, it is just getting it there that is the issue. I think what I will do is get a syringe full of apple juice or apple sauce and get him used to having that squirted into his mouth and hopefully soon he won’t even think twice about the dewormer syringe.

Kallie was next, I had never dewormed her before so I haltered her just incase she decided to run off. I gave her a few treats, rubbed her down rubbed around his nose and mouth the slid the dewormed tube into her lips and pushed 1/3 of her normal dose in no problem. She took it like a pro! In a weeks time I will give her another 3rd and eventually work her up to her normal dose. I don’t want to over load her with dewormer just incase she has a heavy worm burden.

Chance was up next, and he was perfect as always. Stick it in, push all the dewormer out with the plunger and we’re done!

No comments: