Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Hooves

Today it was cold, icy and just a crummy day weather wise, so I decided to take advantage of the fact that I couldn’t play with the horses a whole lot to do their feet. I started with Blue as I knew he wasn’t going to need a whole lot and could ease my poor back into it. He was excellent as usual, standing perfectly balanced on three legs while I trimmed his front toes back. I didn’t have to touch his bars at all and just had to file down his heels ever so slightly, his frog is becoming so much fuller, can hardly wait for it to expand more at his heel.

Next was Chance, I had to get Anna to help me with him some because my back was KILLING me and he needed all four toes to be filed back a LOT. They grow so quickly I can hardly keep up with them. And even though I could probably take them back a lot further then what I do each trim I don’t want him to be uncomfortable or lame. So we took back his toes on all four feet back a fair way, will try to get him done again next weekend.

No comments: