Monday, March 9, 2009

Extreme Friendly

Blue eagerly stuck his nose in the halter, after all I didn’t play with him yesterday and he was very put of from it! So we decided to try something new, the Extreme Friendly Game. I started by playing the Friendly Game with the carrot stick and savvy string in a way that he was already comfortable with, then I began to change it up a bit. I started by walking away from him slapping the ground with the string, at first he wasn’t sure what to do, he followed me but put lots of space between us. Slowly but surely he began to gain confidence and came up to me and stood licking and chewing while I slapped the ground in front of me.

Next I did some helicopter with the stick and string. Started off with slow small circles and as he backed away they got bigger and quicker, I kept this up, slowing down when he was closer to me and speeding up the further he got. It didn’t take him long to come and stand in close to me. Licking and chewing, leg cocked.

My last bit of Extreme Friendly Game I did standing facing Blue, I had backed him up with the Yo-Yo Game and began to slap the ground on either side of myself white the string. Blue began to move his feet at first but I was passively persistent and he quickly calmed down and would let me whip the ground a number of times in a row fast and hard then toss the string over him like a hug. I was able to walk all around him and whip the ground and toss the string over his body. He was such a good boy!

No comments: