Friday, August 28, 2009

All Play and No Work :P

This morning I was just walking around the field fixing the makeshift round pen that Anna and I had made when Kallie walked right up to me and nuzzled me. I was in shock, stunned even! I luckily had a treat on me and rubber her all over and gave her a yummt treat as a reward.

Then later on I played with Blue Online and he was amazing, he did the first few games which he is always awesome at – but this time he was just so light and responsive, I would think yield to the right and he would, or back up and he would. Then we moved on to the circling game and he was awesome. He hardly needed any correction to stay out on the circle and maintain the gate. He trotted around me quite a few times nice and relaxed, licking and chewing the whole time.

I know when I first got him I sort of spoiled the circling game because I lunged him so much, because that was what I was told to do. To chase him around in endless, mindless circles over and over, and over again. Thankfully I found Parelli and he can now go around relaxed and calm!

Next I played with Tru again and we worked on the friendly game with the savvy string and carrot stick, there were a few corrections on her left side, but not many. And then we did the circling game to the left and the right, she got it easily to the left but was a bit stick at the right and I had to go to Phase 4 a few times, will have to work on that more!

No comments: