Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another Awesome Day!

Today I decided to try something that I never did with Blue before, playing the friendly game with the carrot stick and savvy string while at liberty. He is GREAT online and don’t flinch while I play the extreme friendly game with him but at first he wasn’t sure about the stick and string at liberty. So I had to reassure him lots while rubbing him with my free hand while tossing the string over his back at first, but he quickly relaxed and I was able to play the friendly game with stick and string from all 5 zones.

I was also able to play the porcupine and driving game (backing up, yielding his FWs and HQs) at liberty and even some sideways! I decided to end it on that, didn’t want to do too much for the day.

Next up was Tru, I walked over to the far side of the field where her, Kallie and Lexi were grazing. I pretend to ignore her and she eagerly walks over and shoves her nose into the halter. A huge plus! Can’t wait for her mom to do that! Then I set up a goal of playing the friendly game with the carrot stick and savvy string, and that I can toss the string over her back 10 times on each side without her moving her feet, with fewer than 5 corrections if possible. So we tried it and got it first try with NO corrections!! We decided to end it there and she followed me around a bit afterwards until I got halfway across the field and she stood and watched me until her mom called.

No comments: