Sunday, December 14, 2008

*YAWN*

Today was a shelter building day – or so I thought. I didn’t really build anything, just hauled materials down to the site and then passed some pieces of wood to my dad who was working on the shelter. Unfortunately we didn’t get done as much as we wanted, we need yet again more supplies *sigh*. So back to the hardware store we will have to go this week. Maybe just maybe it will get done for the New Year.

While the boys worked on the shelter I proceeded to scratch Kallie and pick off more rain rot scabs. She decided she wanted to stand beside the pile of lumber Anna and I had lugged down, even when the saw was cutting wood! She just stood there totally relaxed, couldn’t care less. I scratched her for some time, she was quickly licking and chewing, and then after the intense grooming session she began to yawn, first time I ever saw her yawn. And then she would look at me with her big brown eyes as if to say: “Please, scratch me more.”

Eventually I went up and trimmed Chance’s feet at liberty. I’d never done that before with him and wasn’t exactly sure if he was going to stay still, but he did with very little fuss. I filed back quite a bit of his toe, his white line was starting to get stretched a bit, and his frog looks awesome. So full and healthy, barely had to do anything to his heels. He got a yummy stud muffin as a reward for standing so nicely!

No comments: