Friday, May 8, 2009

She's HERE!!

Kallie is the proud mother of a GOREGOUS FILLY!! Not sure of the color, probably either chestnut tobiano or red dun tobiano (which I am leaning more towards)! I don’t care what color she is, but she is perfect!

I got a call at 3am from a woman in Arizona that had been watching Kallie on the foal cam the past few nights (and had actually called me the night before when Kallie started to act funny). I jumped out of bed and watched on my computer for a few minutes and KNEW something was up because Kallie was not acting herself at all! She was very uncomfortable and trying to find a good place to lay down but with no luck.

By the time she almost laid in her water tub I figured it was safe to head out, so a jumble of nerves I walked down to the “foaling stall” and just as I arrived Kallie’s water broke and she began pushing. PERFECT timing I think! I watched out of the way as she tried to push standing up for a few seconds, finally she laid down and began to push. The front feet came out easily, I ended up helping Kallie out just a little bit with the birth, babys shoulders just needed to be twisted ever so slightly and woosh out she slid!

It of course had just started to rain before the foal was on the ground and a cool breeze picked up so I got a nice warm towel and helped mom dry the baby off so that she didn’t catch a chill. Within a few minutes the little was up on her feet and heading to the milk bar. Here are some pictures of my perfect little girl:




No comments: